Ah ha! This is an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading (blogs with less than 200 followers).
To be honest, it’s a bit like those horrible email chains I used to get – but without the threatening message at the bottom that tells you if you don’t pass the message on to 100 people you’ll be haunted by the ghost of your great-great grandmother for the rest of your life!
So thanks Book Gossips – may the force be with you always.
So, as a recipient of the Liebster Award one must:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the award and link to them
- Notify the bloggers that they are awesome and have won a shiny pink blogging logo
- If they want to accept the award, ask them 11 questions to answer
Whoever created this must have had a hard-on for the number 11 and perhaps a little obsessed by that crazy Japanese film The Ring (just to be clear no scary video footage made it into the production of this post).
Facts about me
- I cannot count without using my fingers
- On Saturday I will be adopting my first pet kitten from an animal shelter
- I quit smoking two months ago
- I have lived in four different countries in four different continents – but I only speak English
- I have written two full length novels, but lost one when my laptop and disks were stolen at a London house party
- Hedgehogs rock
- Nothing is more sexy to me then a man reading a book with a glass of whiskey propped up in his hand (hint-hint hubby)
- I work for a charity promoting women’s rights in Australia and Asia-Pacific
- I have five brothers and two sisters. Needless to say, Christmas is interesting…
- My name is Sabrina – named after Sabrina Duncan, the brainy one in Charlies Angels (thanks Dad)
My answers to questions from the lovely ladies at Book Gossips
- What made you create a blog? I was bored, unemployed and had procrastinated about it long enough. The Urban Book Thief said, “Let there be light,” and I had no choice – the blog was born.
- How long have you been Blogging? 6 weeks!
- If you could meet any one in the world, who would you meet and why? David Gandy. Why? What do you mean why?!? Look at him!
- What is your favourite Book? Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery. My first ever book crush at age eleven.
- What Book are you counting down to be released? Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh
- What is your favourite Movie? Seven Psychopaths – violent, stupid and hilariously funny.
- What is your favourite TV Series? LOST (even though I don’t get the ending)
- Who is your favourite Author? Kresley Cole
- What is your favourite Song right now? ‘Bottom of the River’ by Delta Rae
- Are you a Summer or Winter person? Winter – always. Who needs summer when you can have cold, starry nights with bonfires and snow ball fights?
- If you could travel to any city in the world, where would you go and why? Tromsø, Norway to see the Northern Lights – they call it the Paris of the north. Sublime.
The Urban Book Thief nominations
- Seriesous Book Reviews
- Badass Romance
- Rika’s Musings
- Bird on a Pencil
- Kelli’s Kodex
- Backchatting Books
- Ghosties, Vampires and Books OH MY!
- Jenees Book Blog
Questions for the nominees
- Chicken or the Egg – CHOOSE!
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Which one of your posts/book reviews was the most fun to write?
- What did you eat for breakfast today?
- Where are all the baby pigeons?
- What are you reading right now?
- Which book character do you simply love the most?
- Which is your favourite book series?
- Ninjas or pirates – CHOOSE!
- If you could have a supernatural power what would it be?
- What’s black and white and red all over?